Happy Earth Day!
Today, on Earth Day at MB Massage Studio I celebrate the business choices I've made that support the health of our planet and make goals to improve in a few areas.
Things we do well
- Using massage oils from Badger Balm. They are organic, fair trade and support the local economy!
- I'm currently putting an order in to have a local seamstress make new facecradle covers for me utilizing and reclying my older, less pretty linens. Saving them from the landfill and utilizing local talent versus ordering from a massage catalog where the products would be likely made in China.
- Volunteering time on the steering committee of Monadnock Buy Local. Working together to improve the local living economy.
- Moving more of my own personal and business shopping to local sources like The Keene Farmer's Market, The Monadnock Food Co-op and The Westmoreland Village Eatery to support these businesses who support other locally owned producers.
Goals to work on this year
- It is my goal to find a better way to hydrate my clients after their massage. Unfriendly tap water, a small sink and a small budget lead me to my current wasteful practice of giving clients bottled water. I'd like to find a greener, affordable and convinient option.
- Locally sourcing more of the products I use and distribute -- one example: tea light candles. I use a fair number of these and would like to find an affordable, local option.
I hope today you celebrate your own good choices and perhaps make a few Earth Day goals, yourself!
HAPPY EARTH DAY!